A Very popular Indo Chinese starter recipe Gobi Manchurian,the taste itself so irresistable & so undeniable.Cauliflower florets are coated in a thick batter,deep fried and marinated with varieties of tangy sauces.....so spicy...!!...yummy...
Always wanted to add this recipe in my blog....and is a must appetizer in any menu platter in any restaurants..
1 Medium Size Cauliflower cut into florets(immerse the cauliflower into hot water and a pinch of salt for about 15 minutes before cutting)
6 Tbsps of All Purpose Flour/Maida
4 Tbsps of Cornflour
2 Tbsps of Rice Flour for Crisp(optional)
1/2 Tsp of minced garlic
Salt as needed
Water to make thick batter
Oil for deep fry.
For the Gravy;
Minced Garlic - 4 Tsps
Grated Ginger 1/2 Tsp
Chopped Spring onion
Finely Chopped A piece of Capsicum( optional )
Finely Chopped Onion - 1
Green Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
Soya sauce - 1/8 tsp
Tomato sauce - 6 to 8 Tsps
Oil/ghee 2 tsps each.
Sugar 1 Tsp
1. Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl,make a thick batter.
Saturate the florets into the batter.
2. Heat oil to medium high,deep fry the florets to golden brown.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a separate pan,add chopped onions,capsicum,ginger garlic.
Saute till transculent,add all sauces,sugar and chopped cilantro.
Mix well for just a minute.
4. Add the fried Florets into the sauces to fine texture..
5. May add red Chilli powder( I did not use)
6. To be garnished with more chopped cilantro and serve them.